TriDef 3D Media Player for Video Playback and 2D to 3D Conversion
December 16th, 2009 by 3D Vision Blog
TriDef 3D Media Player is the multimedia photo and video player that you get with Acer Aspre 3D laptops and some other 3D displays, but you can as well buy the TriDef 3D experience software separately. Besides the movie and photo player you also get the TriDef 3D Ignition software that is intended to be used to play games in Stereoscopic 3D mode.
- The TriDef 3D Media Player is intended to be used to play back stereoscopic 3D movies and pictures, along with normal 2D images and 2D movies that can be converted in real time to 3D.
- The player practically supports all popular movie and photo containers and formats, including support for the proprietary formats used by the developers of the player DDD – TriDefMovie, TriDefPhoto and TriDefPOPvert.
- The good thing is that you just need to have the proper DirectShow splitter filter and codec in order to be able to play the video in the player and possibly convert it from 2D to 3D in real time.
- However prior to the just released today TriDef 3D Media Player version 6.5.5 I had some issues with playing back some video files in MOV, TS and MP4 file containers although the system had the needed support installed, but the good news is that the new version has this fixed.
- What is quite interesting in this player is the feature to convert in real time 2D videos into stereoscopic 3D, even DVD Video and HD clips.
- Using higher resolution and better quality videos does help a lot to provide better conversion results, also using videos with steadier and not too fast paced action usually results in better depth perception. A usual problem for 2D to 3D conversions are the fast paced trailers that do have a lot of action and switch between too much different scenes very quickly, so you might want to avoid these, but it won’t hurt to try them just in case.
- 3D CG animation movies are usually Ok when converted in stereoscopic 3D, but working with 2D drawn or cell shaded Anime the effect of depth is not that good, but there are still exceptions.
|TriDef 3D 4.5.1||2011-05-13|
|TriDef 3D (LG 3D Monitor) 1.2.5||2011-05-18|
|TriDef 3D Games (LG 3D Monitor/MonitorTV) 1.1.3||2011-05-25|
|TriDef Photo Transformer Bundle 1.10.5||2008-06-10|
|TriDef Photo Samples 1.8.1||2006-07-13|
Upgrading your Acer Aspire 3D laptop with latest TriDef Software
December 15th, 2009
The only thing that you need to do after updating the TriDef software this way is to select the type of display the Aspire 3D laptop has, because the software will not recognize it automatically and in the OEM version only the needed mode was available. In order to do that you need to run the TriDef 3D Control Panel and select Line Interlaced (1366×768) mode or just Line Interlaced if you are going to use other resolutions than the native one by the laptop. But if you consider doing that you’ll also have to disable the automatic scaling of the image to fill the whole screen when using lower resolutions, otherwise you’ll lose the Stereoscopic 3D usability because of the different size of the stretched pixels.
To download the latest TriDef 3D Software for your Acer Aspire 3D laptop:
Related posts you might be interested in:
- TriDef 3D Media Player for Video Playback and 2D to 3D Conversion (10)
- DDD TriDef 3D Software Just Got Updated to Version 4.2 (5)
- DDD TriDef 3D Software Has Been Updated to Version 4.5 (1)
- DDD TriDef 3D Software Has Been Updated to Version 4.4 (4)
- DDD TriDef 3D Software Has Been Updated to Version 4.2.3 (5)
No Comments »
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.